SSR understands the highly-regulated nature of government entities, including compliance regulations and reporting. We also meet the necessary insurance requirements and hold certifications with various city, county, and state governments and organizations in and around Southeastern Wisconsin, including:
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE)
- Emerging Business Enterprise (EBE)
- Minority Business Enterprise (MBE)
- Wisconsin Supplier Diversity (WSD)
SSR is a proven technology services provider, and all our services can be provided directly or as a subcontractor to meet your needs.
SSR has delivered a variety of IT services and solutions for public sector organizations, including:
- Provided on-site employees, including a developer and a network engineer, through a staffing agreement
- Designed and implemented a disaster recovery solution for the Milwaukee Police Department, protecting business data and including a site disaster solution
- Designed the specialized land records software system for Milwaukee County’s Register of Deeds and the platform the software runs on, including the indexing and redaction of personal data to protect consumer privacy
Our professionals have experience with software utilized in the public sector, including:
- CDI Advantage ERP
- Midas (Member Information Documentation Authorization System for The Milwaukee County Department of Family Care)
- ABBYY Software
Our team will customize a plan that best suits your organization.
Contact us to learn more.
The Milwaukee County Register of Deeds (ROD)
Challenge – More than 100,000 searches of The Milwaukee County Register of Deeds (ROD) records are performed by the public each year. As such, major problems with slowdowns and backups to the government computer system were making it unreliable. At times, it was expected that the system would be down two to three times a week. When a software vendor and the County IT department couldn’t come up with a solution, ROD contacted SSR. With experience on several other projects with Milwaukee County, SSR provided holistic IT solutions.
Solution – SSR engineers conducted a comprehensive assessment of ROD, examining hardware, software configuration and connectivity issues. SSR researched the ROD business process, crafted a design for the system and an implementation plan. After working with the application teams, SSR then turned the computer environment back over to the county for network support.
Results – The computer outages, that once happened two to three times a week, are no longer an issue. Residents are able to easily locate records and access results. Productivity is up while costs are down.
“SSR’s friendly communication style immediately gained the trust of our personnel and software vendor,” says Register of Deeds, John La Fave. “When I looked outside of Milwaukee County’s IT department for assistance and found SSR, I was so satisfied that I had no need to even look elsewhere. The result is a system that now runs flawlessly.”